Corporate, social, and product responsibility.
- We always operate in accordance with laws and latest regulations governing our operations.
- Environmental friendliness is the basis of our operations.
- Product safety is the cornerstone for all our activities. All our products are traceable from the origin of the raw material to the end users.
Occupational safety – NLC as an employer.
- As an employer we are committed to ensuring that our employees work in a safe and clean workplace. This requires that we operate transparently and openly at all levels of our business and guarantee every employee the opportunity to be heard. We firmly believe that our future success is built through the contribution of every single employee in our company.
- Our occupational safety and quality are certified according to ISO 45001 and ISO 9001.
The manufacture of our products does not cause deforestation – not a single tree needs to be cut down to make our products. Unlike many other bio-based materials, our raw material does not compete with the food chain.
Natural resources are not unlimited, and that is why we want to promote the vitality of forests, protect biodiversity, and reduce the use of natural resources by using only side streams of existing forest industry processes. Our operations are certified according to the ISO14001 environmental management standard.
EMISSIONS AND LIFE CYCLE ASSESSMENTS
The total emissions generated by our company have been calculated and assessed, while we have also set science-based targets for our operations to constantly track our progress towards these targets.
Our company is participating in the global commitment to end greenhouse gas emissions and stop climate change.
The Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) calculation of our products is based on ISO standards and has been verified by a third party. The GWP is –1,20kg/1kg of our product including use stage of the cutlery – that is before they are incinerated or processed for a new purpose at the end of their life cycle – unique.
EN 12875-1 certificate, dishwasher resistance
Microwave certificate according to NF EN 15284:2007
LCA according to ISO 14067 & ISO 14025
PEFC and ISCC+ (upcoming in 2024)
The food safety contact of Nature Line cutlery is tested from ready product in an authorized facility according to latest European Union regulation and will be regularly renewed.
Available in FSC/PEFC
Produced under ISO9001/14001
Made in Finland